Reckless Abandon Ministries is built upon several foundational pillars. These pillars describe our entire mission as an organization. In every endeavor and effort, we are striving to build upon and uphold these foundational principles collectively, personally, and corporately.
Pillar #1 – Uncompromising Foundation on God’s Word
We believe that ultimate truth, the hope of the gospel, and the answers to all of life’s questions are found in the Word of God. It is our unwavering commitment to this truth that demands we filter all of our book reviews, posts, podcasts, and any other content we may release through our understanding of God’s Word. We endeavor to direct both our team members and our audience to Christ Himself through God’s revealed revelation, the Bible. We are not ashamed of God’s Word, and it is always our priority to affirm and uphold its truth. This is our central guiding value as a ministry.
- Philippians 4:1; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; Hebrews 10:23; 1 Corinthians 1:25; Acts 17:11
Pillar #2 – The Essence of the Gospel – Reckless Pursuit of Christ
As a ministry founded on God’s Word, we recognize that the gospel demands reckless abandon in the form of complete surrender to Christ as King. What does this look like? Below is a call from our Lord Jesus Christ Himself:
“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.” (Luke 9:23b-24)
In Romans 12, Paul affirms Christ’s radical call and reveals its profound simplicity. The mechanism of the gospel is faith rooted in surrender, that is, a complete entrusting and admitting of our sin to God, and embracing Christ’s sacrifice as our own. Paul then reveals the Christian life is about continually surrender: a complete, all-consuming life sacrifice:
“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:1-2)
We believe that this reckless abandonment of self and pursuit of Christ is often overlooked and even misunderstood by Christians today. It is therefore our mission at Reckless Abandon Ministries to partner with teenagers and young adults around the world in a pursuit of radical surrender to Christ.
- John 13:15; 1 Corinthians 11:1; 1 John 2:6; Romans 1:16; Galatians 1:10; Philippians 1:12
Pillar #3 – Fulfilling the Mission – A Two Sided Approach
We exist for one purpose and one purpose only: to direct the attention of teenagers and young adults to Christ.
1 – Our goal is to reach, inspire, and equip teens and young adults with the beauty of the gospel.
- This involves promoting God’s grand redemptive narrative in all of its different facets, thereby showing its broad and sweeping application. How does the gospel apply to our lives? How should we as Christ’s followers engage the culture? What should my own walk with Jesus look like? How should I study the Bible? These are all questions that we hope to answer through our ministry as we strive to proclaim the holistic truth of the gospel in all of its glory.
That being said, however, it is important to note that our ministry is also comprised of teenagers and young adults.
2 – We believe that as we seek to equip and engage others, we as members of Reckless Abandon are drawn closer to Christ.
- Because of this, we aren’t just focused outward. We are also looking to equip and engage people within the ministry itself, and to engage and equip new members so they can grow themselves as they strive to advance RA’s mission.
- Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:42; 1 John 3:17-18
Pillar #4 – Partnering With the Church
Finally, we believe that the Church is God’s ultimate and primary means of reaching this world with the gospel. Because of this, we strive to serve alongside local bodies of believers, assisting the church in any way possible in its mission to proclaim the gospel and create disciples. It is our prayer that our resources and ministry might be effectively used by the Church as it equips and engages with teenagers and young adults around the world.